Tuesday 17 March 2009

Body Extensions

In this lecture we looked at the work of Rebecca Horn , who is a performance and installation artist looking at the senses and extending her body. We were shown a video of one of her performance pieces , and we were asked what we saw. I found this video very strange I hated the sound of the fingers scrapping against the wall it made it sound and look like something out of a horror film. Im also not the biggest lover of performance or instillation art so found it rather weird. In the video she I prefer to work on a much smaller scale and very intricately. Below is an image of the finger gloves (1972) 

If I could extend my body in any way I would make myself have a much longer neck so I would be looking over everyone around me. I found this quite interesting as I wouldn't normally look at this type of art work. I thought it was useful for our doll module as we could extend certain elements on our dolls to make them look dis-proportionate.








1 comment:

  1. Very Awesome art at this blog, loved the Stonehenge picture particularly :D
    Thought you might like my King Arthur's Summer Solstice at Stonehenge machinima film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wuNE5M01ME Bright Blessings, elf ~

    ReplyDelete